Monday, April 18, 2011

Twas the night after Seder


Twas the night after Seder
Twas the night after Seder, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The fish and the kugel, (oh my, what a taste)
After both the Sedarim, went straight to my waist.

When I got on the scale, I couldn't believe it!
The treadmill and bicycle wouldn't relieve it.
I remembered the marvelous meals I prepared;
The light airy matzah balls everyone shared.

The brisket, the turkey, the tzimmes so sweet;
Oy, let me recline and get off of my feet.
I know we made kiddish and recited each plague,
But right now I'm foggy, and my memory is vague.

So, don't give me matzoh, chopped liver or wine
I'll do my aerobics and never more dine.
I'm walking to shul, so what if it's far?
I'm not even thinking of taking the car.

With 10 lbs. to lose and 10 inches to shrink,
Macaroons when wrapped tightly, can so nicely freeze.
Pack the sponge cake and tayglakh away, if you please.
Out of sight, out of mind - by this oath I'll abide;

Bring me the boiled chicken with romaine on the side.
I'll keep on that program, to my diet adhere,
And let's all get together for Pesach next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment